This website www.hyperair.com (“the Website”) is owned and operated by Hyperair Incorporation Limited (“the Company” or “We”). We respect personal data and is committed to full implementation and compliance with the data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486 ("the Ordinance"). This Policy is applicable to all the members as well as any other persons that their personal data is collected, by whatever means, used and held by us.
Kinds of Personal Data Collected, Used and Held
User name, email address, phone number, place of residence, Facebook, Instagram and/ or Google account (and the information associated with the said account), and information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access and use the Website (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, internet service provider, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit/usage, page views and any search terms you use).
Purposes of the Personal Data are Held
- 3.1 You may provide us with your personal data at your own will. For using this Website, all personal data, i.e. user name, email address, phone number, and information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access and use the Website (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, internet service provider, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit/usage, page views and any search terms you use) are regarded as mandatory. Your registration request will not be considered if you do not want us to collect the said mandatory data.
3.2 We will use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- Identification and verification: verification of your identity; handling requests of access, correction, enquiries, erasure of personal data and complaints in relation to the Website;
- Provision of Services: operating, maintaining and providing our Website services; confirming instruction from you; communication between you and the Company in respect of the Website services by the Company to you;
- User Account and Activity Handling: registration as an User; selecting and presenting services, information, privileges and offers that matches your needs or to create personalized contents etc;
- Notification: notifying you of changes the Company has made or plan to make to the Website;
- Compliance: assisting the Service Providers in complying with their obligations on anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing;
- Improvement of the Website: requesting your feedback or comments regarding the Website and Service Providers;
- Protecting the Company: protecting and defending our Company’s rights, properties, employees, directors, shareholders, consultants and customers;
- Communication with the Shop: your email address and telephone number (only applicable to Hong Kong Users) will be transferred and provided to the foreign currency exchange companies if you have made a booking request (“the Shop”). Such information is anonymous data and is solely for communication between the Shop and you in relation to your booking request.
- Direct Promotion and Marketing: Only after obtaining your consent, can the Company use your personal data for marketing or contact you from time to time to share promotional or marketing information in respect of the service of the Company;
- Facilitate your transaction: Only after obtaining your consent, can the Company transfer your personal data for communication between you and the licensed money service operators that you have chosen to make transaction with (“Service Provider”) in respect of the services by the Service Provider to you;
- Statistics: carry out statistics and data analysis, measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches and consumer’s preference, such analysis will contain only anonymous data for our reference as well as improving our service quality and the quality service; and
- Security: for fraud and hacking prevention so as to impose related restrictions and account bans to violators.
- 3.3 Should you be under the age of 18, please obtain prior consent from your parents or guardians before providing your personal data.
Transfer of your information to our subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies and business partners
We may the Company transfer your email address and telephone number collected and obtained by the Company to our subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies and business partners, which may be situate outside your country. Such information is anonymous data and we undertake to procure all the above subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies to comply with this policy and the applicable laws in their countries.
Retention of Personal Data
- 5.1 We will retain all your personal data for so long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) for which they were collected and of the legal requirements.
- 5.2 If you desire to erase your personal data from our electronic databases after ceasing to use the Website, please contact Customer Service Manager by email to [email protected].
- 5.3 Our information and data are stored and maintained in our electronic database, facilities, servers and back-up servers which may be located outside your country, where the legal protection and standard of security requirements may not be equivalent to the same provided by and legally required by the applicable laws and regulations of your country. You hereby expressly consent on our transferring, storing, maintain and retaining all your information and data in our electronic databases, facilitates, servers and back-up servers located outside your country for the purposes referred to in Clause 3.
Accuracy and Change of Personal Data
In order to ensure the correctness of the members’ personal data, particularly contact details, retained by the Company, you may receive our request of confirmation or verification. Please feel free to contact us for correction or change of personal data or opt-out from receiving future direct promotional and marketing information.
Personal Data Handling and Security Measures
- 7.1 Apart from statutory requirements and/or the purposes stated hereinabove, the personal data the Company collected about you will not be transferred or disclosed to any other party without your prior approval.
- 7.2 We have established in place security measures and monitoring procedures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of the data. All personnel that may access to the data will be ensured complying with the requirements of data protection.
7.3 Our security measures are listed below:
- Controls on password complexity or resets are implemented to prevent passwords from being compromised;
- Advanced encryption technology is used to protect the safety of personal data (including names, email addresses, telephone numbers, address and transaction record, etc) during transmission. Our SecureSocketLayer (SSL) system will prevent your data being transmitted from unauthorized interception or access by third parties;
- Only the personnel that have been trained with the strict privacy guidelines and procedures are authorized to access or handle your personal data. Such personnel are accountable for non-compliance with the related obligations;
- The security system will be reviewed regularly.
Limitation of Liability
We have implemented all reasonably practicable procedures, measures and steps to safeguard the security of your personal data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is totally secure. We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third Party Website
- 9.1 After clicking on an advertisement or a hyperlink button on our Website, you may have left our Website and entered the website of a Company’s advertising client, content provider, supplier, associated company or business partner. Your visit to these third parties’ websites is not protected by this Policy.
- 9.2 These third parties’ websites are not owned or controlled by the Company. We have not authorized them to collect any personal data from you. Therefore, we are not responsible for any exposure of your data at these websites or losses arising from a third party website’s practice or policy. Please contact the manager or owner of such websites directly for any enquiries or questions about their own privacy practices or policies.
Third-Party Payment Gateway
- 10.1 If you wish to make transactions via our Website, you have to make the payment through a third party payment gateway.
- 10.2 The third-party payment gateway is not owned or controlled by the Company. We have not authorized or requested the third-party payment gateway to collect any personal data from you. Therefore, the Company is not responsible for any exposure of your personal data with it. Please contact the manager or owner of third-party payment gateway directly for any enquiries or questions about their own privacy practices or policies.
Should there be any differences or inconsistencies between the Chinese version and English version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Access to Personal Data
You have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, your personal data in relation to your application. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact Customer Service Manager by email at [email protected]. In the event that you wish to access or amend your Personal Data, the Company may request you to provide personal details in order to verify and confirm your identity. Your HKID card number or passport number or business registration certificate number cannot be amended unless such data is proved to be inaccurate.
- 15.2 If you have any concern that your email address is practicable for your identity being directly or indirectly ascertained, please email our Customer Service Manager [email protected] before you register an user account, we will obtain your consent before transferring the said information to any third parties. You may also notify our Customer Service Manager at [email protected], if you do not want us to transfer your email address and/or telephone number to the Shop and/or our subsidiaries, related, associated companies and/or business partner.